GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- Create a formalized process for identifying and getting approval for datasets to be released to the public
- Automate the upload of data to the open data portal
- Engage with local organizations, universities, and other groups to encourage the use of open data – this may include planning or partnering on open data events
- Assist in the acquisition of data and design of dashboards that show progress toward performance metrics set by the Mayor
- Participate in other discrete data projects as assigned
Characteristics of successful candidates for this position include demonstrated:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a relevant field
- Proficiency with software programs like R and Python that aid in statistical analysis and graphical presentation of data
- Ability to learn and use geographical information systems to analyze data
- Ability to clean, analyze, and interpret data from disparate data sets
- Ability to manage projects that involve multiple stakeholders, constituencies, and/or agencies
- Experience in conducting process improvement analyses and recommending changes that save time and money
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate with team leaders and relevant stakeholders
- Familiarity with the field of open data
City of Syracuse residency will be required.
The City of Syracuse offers a competitive salary and fringe benefit package.
The City of Syracuse is an Equal Opportunity Employer.